Monday, April 25, 2011

Wii "Wii-tiring"

The Wii, the first motion-capture game system, will be retiring soon. Nintendo announced that they will replace it with a new system in 2012 (check out this article)

I can't say I didn't see this coming. I personally only own two games for the system, one of which was the Sports disk that came with the system. The only other use I had for it was to play my old GameCube games on it.

My personal opinion about the system is, as interesting as 'motion-sensitive' game system is, the fact remains that the majority of gamers are not really people that want to 'get up and move'. The only parts of our body we want to move is our thumbs.

Now the Wii will join the ever growing graveyard of failed consoles, right there next to the Sega Dreamcast, Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar, and nearly countless others...

I wouldn't be too shocked of the Nintendo 3DS ends up next to it in the near future...

What do you think about the Wii retiring? Share your opinion by leaving a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment