Friday, June 10, 2011

Wishful Thinking: Remake of WolfChild

One of my favorite games on SegaCD was WolfChild. After replaying it recently I can see why this game wasn't popular; it has a thin story and difficult gameplay. But that doesn't deter my love for this game. I find the scifi-werewolf-action-platform game to be just as intriguing as it was when I first played it years ago.

I think this game should be given a second chance, with some alterations:
  1. Deeper Storyline and Plot -- Father gets kidnapped, son goes to save him. That's all well and good, but we live in an era where gamers demand substance. They want compelling characters and gripping plots... well I do at least...
  2. Different Modes -- The second level of this game, the jungle, was difficult and confusing to navigate, so I think it would be a good idea to add an easy mode for beginners.
  3. Cell-shaded Animation -- I'm hesitant to say add CGI cut-scenes, especially when the SegaCD version of the game had a very nice animated intro movie. They should remake the original intro, keeping it in the traditional American cell-style animation and making it less pixelly. I don't think a game like this would benefit from anime-styling.
  4. Extra Missions - Despite the difficulty of this game, its only five levels long. So to compensate, there should be extra missions added
What do you think of my ideas for a WolfChild Remake? Post your comments below!

1 comment:

  1. they should, also to note the levels just dont match up, no drawn exits or reasoning, just teleport next level opens, fight etc

    ReplyDelete